Celtic supporters express dissatisfaction with board regarding lack of player signings during match against Aberdeen.

Celtic supporters express dissatisfaction with board regarding lack of player signings during match against Aberdeen.

Nicolas Kuhn netted his debut goal for Celtic, however, before the game, the opposing fans at Pittodrie expressed their disapproval, and Aberdeen’s dominant second-half showing resulted in a tie.

The Celtic team was greeted with fans chanting “sack the board” and a banner stating “Celtic board, it’s on your hands,” as they showed their frustration with the club’s actions during the transfer window.

In the first half, Aberdeen’s team had a goal taken away and hit the bar two times, but in the 50th minute, Bojan Miovski scored their first goal of the game and his 19th of the season, giving them the lead. In the 64th minute, German winger Kuhn, in his second game for Celtic, tied the score. The game remained close and ended in a 1-1 draw, breaking a streak of six straight wins for the Premiership leaders since their two losses in December.

Aberdeen’s first-team coach, Peter Leven, took over after Barry Robson was fired. He gave a debut to the club’s only January acquisition, Killian Phillips, who is on loan from Crystal Palace.

Celtic’s recent additions, Kuhn and on-loan Adam Idah from Norwich, were both substitutes while Maik Nawrocki took the place of the injured Cameron Carter-Vickers.

The Celtic team was given a scoring opportunity when the defender sent the ball over the top, leading to Luis Palma’s goal off of Liel Abada’s initial shot. Despite initially being called offside, it took the video assistant referee team several minutes to overturn the goal.

Throughout the first half, Celtic consistently generated numerous opportunities. Kelle Roos easily saved shots from Palma and Abada, while the latter missed a promising chance after receiving a cross from Alistair Johnston and finding himself open in the corner of the six-yard box. His shot hit the top of the bar and went over.

Paulo Bernardo skillfully launched a precise attempt over a crowded goal area and hit the top of the bar, while Celtic maintained their control. They had 13 shots at the goal in the first half, but only three were on target. Matt O’Riley and Alexandro Bernabei missed the mark just before halftime.

Aberdeen struggled to advance the ball into the opponent’s territory, but after the break, they came back with renewed energy. They swiftly turned their defensive stance into an offensive one when a Celtic play on the left side was disrupted. Dante Polvara’s pass to Miovski allowed him to charge towards Nawrocki, and the striker skillfully maneuvered the ball before scoring from 18 yards out.

The match underwent a transformation. Aberdeen posed a threat with multiple set pieces, but Celtic managed to block several shots. Phillips nearly became a hero with a bold 45-yard chip that beat Joe Hart, but unfortunately missed its target.
A recent signing, Kuhn, along with Idah and Ralston, joined the team in the 59th minute. The winger, who had just come on, quickly made an impact by cutting in from the right, passing to Idah and receiving the ball back before scoring off of Nicky Devlin.

Ignore the advertisement for the newsletter.

Both teams put in a lot of effort to take the lead. O’Riley observed a deflected shot hit the side of the goal and Hart made a save from Connor Barron after Nawrocki’s unsuccessful clearance.

The flag for offside was raised following promising opportunities for both teams. Graeme Shinnie appeared ready to score, but his shot was blocked by Hart. Leighton Clarkson may have been in an offside position when he received the ball from Shinnie’s header.

Miovski was definitely offside when he beat Hart to Clarkson’s low cross and knocked the ball into the net from close range. Celtic finished strongly but Roos came off his line to foil O’Riley and substitute Stephen Welsh headed over with the last action of the game before the away supporters resumed chants against the board while applauding the players.

every 15 minutes

This narrative will be refreshed every quarter hour.

Source: theguardian.com